Got a question about Bear Watch? Here's the place for you to see the answers to the most frequently asked questions, and to send us one if you don't find what you're looking for.
Can I buy passes to individual events instead of the registration?
We regret that we are unable to offer single event passes. As a non-profit fundraising event, Bear Watch depends on the run fees to cover the costs of hosting and producing event. The run package provides a weekend of events with open bar, private pool parties at our host hotel, DJ entertainment, four full meals, and shuttle transportation from the host hotel to other event sites.
Are there events that can I attend if I don't have a run pass?
Yes! There are Bear Watch events that you can attend without a run pass:
- Saturday Bears at the Beach - Event is free to attend.
I'm under 21. Can I register?
Because alcohol is served at Bear Watch events, we cannot register participants who are under the age of 21 on the date of the event.
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and PayPal.
Please note: PayPal is our payment processor but you do NOT need a PayPal account to register. When checking out just click on the link that says: Pay with a debit or credit card, or PayPal credit.
Can I bring my dog to Bear Watch events?
No (with one important exception). Due to safety and liability concerns, we regret that our pets will not be able to attend Bear Watch events. The exception: Registered service animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, such as guide dogs for the blind, are allowed.
What are the rules on bathing suits for the hotel and beach? What can I and can't I wear?
We like a sexy man in a bathing suit just as much as anyone else, but since both the hotel pool and the beach are in full view of the public, it is necessary make sure that your swimsuit provides enough coverage to be “street legal” e.g. your genitals are covered and you have a strap up the back. This way, we’re sure that you’ll enjoy Bear Watch without any hassles!
I don't see any availability online for the hotel. Is it sold out already?
At this time (2/28/2017), the host hotel is not yet sold out. You don't see any availability online because all rooms are being held exclusively for registered Bear Watch participants.
To reserve your room - follow these steps:
- Register for Bear Watch. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with instructions on how to book your room.
- Book your room by calling the hotel directly at (409) 740-1261.
- Press Option #6 to speak to the Front Desk.
- DO NOT press Option #2. That goes to the national reservation center and they do not know about Bear Watch.
- Tell the front desk person you are with Bear Watch and complete your reservation.
Does the hotel have a heated pool?
Yes, the pool at the hotel is HEATED!
Does the hotel have WiFi?
Yes, the hotel has FREE WiFi!
Can I bring a pop-up for poolside use?
No, Bear Watch will provide a certain number of pop-ups for communal use but personal pop-ups will not be allowed around the pool area.
What meals are included with registration?
Friday Diner, Saturday Breakfast and Dinner, and Sunday Breakfast are included.
Will there be vegetarian options?
Yes, there will be vegetarian options for some meals.
Refunds and Transfers
I can't attend due to a schedule conflict, can I get a refund?
Registration is not refundable.
Can I transfer my registration to someone else?
Yes, you can transfer your registration to someone else with the following provisions:
- The person who originally registered must complete the transfer electronically via Eventbrite. For security reasons, no transfer requests will be accepted via e-mail. Click for instructions
- The person who is initiating the transfer must provide all required information about the transferee. This information MUST match their government-issued photo identification, which they must bring to registration check-in.
- All registrants must be over 21. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Houston Bears reserves the right to change or cancel this policy at any time.